Gtechniq EXO V4 Ultra Durable Hydrophobic Coating, 50ml
EXO V4 – GTECHNIQ’S MOST HYDROPHOBIC FORMULATION EVER!
EXO’s leading characteristics have been the superior hydrophobic function it imparts and the glorious shine it delivers. Now in its 4th formulation, Gtechniq EXO offers the very pinnacle of these, making it a dream to look at – and maintain – combatting even in the harshest of weather conditions.
Gtechniq’s new formulation has resulted in lower volatile organic compound composition and slower flash off times. As a result, EXO V4 is significantly easier to apply than the previous version allowing for longer working times. Durability tests have shown around 30% improvement in performance even during winter, particularly in respect of the coating’s ability to withstand heavily salted roads. Additionally, the slower flash off time allows the hydrophobic film to form a more consistent layer, giving v4 its most hydrophobic effect ever.
Features & Benefits:
- Extreme hydrophobicity – water slides off treated surfaces
- Forms a hard film that makes water spots easier to remove
- Resistant to highly alkaline or acidic wash solutions
- Now aids the prevention of micro-marring
- Repels dirt, oils, & fallout
- Enhanced durability – lasts for up to 2 years
- Can be used as a stand-alone coating or as a top coat
- For cars up to medium estate (i.e. BMW 3 series touring) – select 30ml
- For larger cars, select 50ml
- 1 x EXO v4 – 30ml or 50ml (please select from drop down menu)
- 1 pair nitrile gloves
- 1 x AP2 Ultra Soft Foam Filled Applicator Pad
- 1 x Master Instruction Leaflet
- 1 x WS1 Gtechniq Window Sticker
Directions for use:
- EXO v4 can be applied as a stand-alone sealant or as a top layer for Crystal Serum Light (CSL) or C1 Crystal Lacquer (recommended particularly for darker colours, easy to mark paintwork or if added swirl resistance and durability are required).
- Leave between 2 and 12 hours for C1 to cure before applying EXO v4
- Can be applied immediately over CSL (start at the same point and follow the panels in order). Do not leave CSL for longer than 24 hours if planning to apply EXO v4.
- Ensure vehicle is clean and dry, and the paintwork is swirl-free and prepared with Panel Wipe (not necessary if applying over C1 / CSL).
- Ensure panel is warmer than 5 degrees Celsius.
- Apply 5 – 10 drops of EXO v4 to the supplied applicator and work the liquid into the pad to get an even saturation.
- Apply to the panel using overlapping strokes, working an area of around 60cm x 60cm at a time.
- If the panel is 15 degrees C or lower, allow EXO v4 to cure for two minutes, then remove residue with a soft clean microfibre. For temperatures between 15 and 25 degrees C, allow one minute to elapse prior to buffing. For temperatures higher than 25 degrees, buff immediately.
- With a new microfibre, buff panels again to ensure all residue entirely removed.
- Apply a second layer of EXO v4 immediately, to ensure ease of buffing
- Allow EXO v4 to cure for a minimum of 12 hours prior to exposing it to rain.
- Allow at least 1 week before washing your vehicle.
- Unopened bottles of EXO v4 have a 12-month shelf life from time of purchase
- Opened bottles of EXO v4 should be stored in a cool, dry area out of direct sunlight
- Opened bottles have a maximum life of 3 months